To provide maintenance service to the transportation Bus system by performing all levels of maintenance and by doing so, keep all vehicles operating in a safe and efficient manner.
1. Perform basic trouble-shooting duties and repairs on buses and other vehicles such as vans, trucks, including repairs on clutch and transmission.
2. Perform preventative maintenance as needed.
3. Inspects and diagnoses vehicles to ensure they meet State standards; prepares buses for annual inspection.
4. Responds to vehicle breakdowns; repairs vehicles on site when possible or takes corrective action.
5. Acts as lead person in the physical maintenance of vehicles.
6. Performs other duties as necessary such as cleaning vehicles and shop and fixing small equipment for the district.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Regularly lifts parts up to 50 pounds +; ability to work in confined spaces for lengthy periods of time; repeated turning/twisting motions with all joints and waist; repeated push/pull on fingers, hands, wrists, shoulders, elbows and back; ability to stand in one location for up to one hour while working on equipment; climbing up and down on bus hoods and ladders; reaching and working with hands over head; repeated movements to and from the floor; standing and walking on concrete for up to 8 hours
Must have minimum 5 year’s experience, must be a certified diesel mechanic or certified school bus technician