HVAC Field Service Technician – Elmsford, NY
Location: New York Tri-State Area, Main office location Elmsford, NY
The HVAC Field Service Technician is required to provide technical support to the client’s customer (railcar manufacturer) supporting HVAC systems.
1. Repair and build HVAC Units for railcars
- Use diagnostic tools to test components
- Perform quality inspections
4. Troubleshooting /diagnostics
5. MUST have HVAC and electrical technical work experience
6. Must be able to be organized and maintain paper trails as it related to returning broken parts, tracking replacements and keeping records of all field activities.
7. Prior to accepting any parts returned by the rail car manufacturer for warranty purposes be sure to inspect such parts for damage. If such parts have been damaged by the railcar manufacturer then document this on the relevant form and if required take pictures. Keep an excel summary spreadsheet of all issues that can be back charged to the customer.
8. Respond to the customer’s requests for assistance on all systems within the number of hours allocated as per the contract. As & when required by the client and/or the customer the field service technician may be called on to carry a cell phone and be available during the night shift or other shifts (and/or on the weekend) to troubleshoot/repair any problems/issues with the client systems.
9. With support from your client Engineers, perform/provide training (usually on-car training)
10. Keep on hand copies of relevant mechanical and electrical drawings/schematics to support troubleshooting and other warranty issues.
11. Troubleshoot both mechanical and electrical problems on railcar HVAC systems.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION
1. Technical training in both electrical & mechanical systems
2. MUST BE HVAC CERTIFIED
3. OTHER REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
4. Strong knowledge of PCs / laptops
5. Ability to troubleshoot using the laptop as a tool
6. Strong knowledge of MS excel
7. Ability to perform software downloads
8. Strong mechanical aptitudes
9. Mechanically inclined
10. Must be able to work weekends when needed
11. Must have electrical BRAZING experience
OTHER REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:
1. · Strong knowledge of PCs / laptops
2. · Ability to troubleshoot using the laptop as a tool
3. · Strong knowledge of MS excel
4. · Ability to perform software downloads
5. · Strong mechanical aptitudes