Sales Service Manager- Los Angeles, CA
Home Base Location: Los Angeles, CA
Territory: LA, Denver, New Mexico, Arizona
Reports to: Regional Manager
1. Responsible for the management and deployment of field service personnel assigned to customers.
2. Responsible for producing and managing budgets.
3. Responsible for seeking out overall business growth and new opportunities for aftermarket repair businesses.
4. Responsible for interfacing with various division program managers, engineers and quality assurance personnel regarding field activity and customer needs.
5. Responsible for interfacing with various division OEM marketing personnel to provide market information and assist in business development.
6. Responsible for attending meetings that involve various upper management and division personnel with assigned customers. These meetings may be held at various Wabtec divisions throughout the U.S. and Canada.
7. Responsible for the maintenance of local spare part inventories, tools, equipment and on site facilities.
8. Responsible for regularly reporting field sales and service activity to the Regional Manager.
9. Responsible for maintaining a good working relationship with customers at all levels.
10. Responsible for implementing a positive culture of safety awareness and workplace efficiency with direct reports.
4 year college degree in a technical and/or marketing discipline.
Minimum 5 years of sales, service and marketing management experience, preferably in the rail/transit marketplace.
**Must have a Manufacturing background with Industrial sales experience
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
Proficiency in written and verbal communication with customers, division associates and staff.
General understanding of electromechanical systems.
Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, specifications, and test documents.
Must have mechanical and electrical experience
Ability to travel to locations within assigned customer base and at division locations.
Must have a valid passport and driver’s license.