Director, Network Engineering will lead a dynamic team of engineers and Solution Architects and be responsible for defining the strategic direction, architectural design, implementation service delivery of all Network expansion or drive new initiative required to enhance overall efficiencies of transit telecom/data network.
Candidate needs to be a strong leader with accomplishments in customer focus, change & technology innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and talent management.
A strong technical background in network data, engineering, and deployment. service delivery is essential to be successful in this position.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering (desired), or related
7-10+ years of Background in networking
Telephony or system engineering (desired).
Experience managing network-technical resources (engineers) in a production operational environment.
Service Provider experience a Plus.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Manage engineers working to build, deploy, support and scale enterprise network and infrastructure
based upon business demands.
2. Evaluate, procure, and integrate new network technologies into the overall infrastructure.
3. Oversee large end to-end projects and ensure on-time delivery.
4. Collaborate and partner with internal clients to assess technology needs, expectations, and prepare
solutions to meet them.
5. Responsible for the daily performance, availability of the organization’s network that includes data
centers, branch offices, Telecom PBXs, IP Gateways.
6. Responsible for the lifecycle and support of core network, telephony, and data center infrastructure
7. Establish and oversee service management practices for supporting and monitoring the network, along
with performance metrics and service levels that meet the business needs – 7×24, On-Call teams
8. Responsible for people management of a team of engineers, providing performance reviews, continual
feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports
9. Introduce and implement best practice to enhance efficiencies.
10. Responsible for helping engineering team’s professional growth and provide opportunities to
succeed as individuals and as team.
11.Collaborate with Network Data Center Operations.
This Position Supervises:
• Principal Network Engineers • Senior Network Engineers • Network Solution Engineers
Knowledge and Skills:
1) Previous experience in a leadership role in a mission critical organization.
2) Servant-Leader management style.
3) Expert level knowledge of Network design and architecture best practices. TCP/IP, Routing
Protocols & Network-Telephony availability protocols
4) Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5) Experience working in management role.
6) Knowledge and Experience with modern network architecture trends (SDN, SD-WAN, NFV, etc.).
7) Knowledge and experience with PRISIP topologysupport, PBX platforms, IP Voice & Call
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Working Environment
• Industry certification such as CCIE with lab or equivalent.
• Experience working in a heavily regulated environment.
• Knowledge with public cloud (AWS or Azure preferred).
– Office Environment Data Center
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace