Performs Quality Control (QC) inspection on parts and sub-assemblies of rail cars. Performs visual inspection of parts and equipment to ensure conformance to quality standards and to identify non-conformance where it occurs. Performs all work according to engineering drawings, written work procedures, and verbal and written instructions.
Uses scales, tape, calipers, and micrometer, combination-square and other measuring equipment to inspect parts, equipment, and their proper installation to rail car body. Has the capability of using English and Metric systems of measurement.
Records data and findings from inspections in inspection reports and related documentation with a high degree of accuracy, completeness, and attention to detail. Demonstrates an excellent mechanical aptitude.
The QC Inspector, Field, must be able to read and interpret all engineering drawings and blueprints and has a demonstrated proficiency is all inspection phases listed below.
- Part Fabrication
- Metal Matching
- Sub assembly
- Shell Assembly
- Truck Assembly and Testing
- Interior and Cab
- Must have, at minimum, two (2) years work experience in a QC Inspection field.
- Must be able to work independently and to conduct the final inspection of an entire rail car.
- Must be capable of using measuring instruments including, but not limited to, tape measures, calipers, micrometers, etc. * Must read, write, and speak English and know how to read engineering drawings (blueprints).
- Must be proficient in the English measurement system and be able to learn the Metric system of measurement within a specified period of time.
- Must be capable of working in an active manufacturing environment, be able to climb stairs and ladders, and be able to lift, push, or pull at maximum 40 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $22.00 – $32.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Associate (Required)
For more than 30 years, Altech has built a tradition of innovation, service, and growth while maintaining a safe and highly-ethical culture. Headquartered in Fairfield, NJ with offices on the West Coast, Altech serves clients throughout the United States and Canada. As the staffing industry leader in rail transportation, maintenance, manufacturing and IT, we have successfully paired skilled technicians with in-demand electrical, electro-mechanical, HVAC, management, and quality assurance/vendor surveillance roles.
Not your typical staffing firm, Altech offers competitive rates, comprehensive benefits, training, and career advancement opportunities that will help you maximize your full potential. Working hand-in-hand with our clients, we uncover opportunities that lead to advancement and direct hire opportunities. We understand that our employees are the driving force behind our success.