Our client searching for skilled Electricians with strong electrical and mechanical experience to troubleshoot and maintain electrical components on passenger trains.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly and tests.
- Solve mechanical or electronics problems involved in the operation of test equipment; support the design of test procedures.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, load cells, temperature gauges, electrostatic meters, calipers, and other precision measuring equipment.
- Install electrical parts and hardware in test equipment, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Provide field-testing and field support.
You must be able to…
- Demonstrate electrical experience and understanding.
- Solve mechanical or electrical problems involved in the operation of test equipment.
- Record and analyze test results; prepare written testing documentation.
- Read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams and utilize a variety of testing equipment for troubleshooting of equipment and systems to the board level.
- Have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Present a High school diploma or equivalent educational experience.
- Successfully pass the pre-screening process including drug and alcohol test, criminal, employer and driving background checks.
- Work in all types of weather and environments indoors and outdoor
- Work in high places and confined spaces
- Wear safety gear and follow all safety guidelines
- Climb, balance, squat, kneel and crouch
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs occasionally and able to push/pull
- Prior railroad or military experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology or Electronics Technology
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Prescription plan
- 401K Retirement with employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- On-the-job training
For more than 30 years, Altech has built a tradition of innovation, service, and growth while maintaining a safe and highly-ethical culture. Headquartered in Fairfield, NJ with offices on the West Coast, Altech serves clients throughout the United States and Canada. As the staffing industry leader in rail transportation, maintenance, manufacturing, and IT, we have successfully paired skilled technicians with in-demand electrical, electro-mechanical, HVAC, management, and quality assurance/vendor surveillance roles.
Not your typical staffing firm, Altech offers competitive rates, comprehensive benefits, training, and career advancement opportunities that will help you maximize your full potential. Working hand-in-hand with our clients, we uncover opportunities that lead to advancement and direct hire opportunities. We understand that our employees are the driving force behind our success.